Not Exactly the Valentine's Day Mani I Wanted....

I thought I'd try my first gradient...when I swatched it on paper, it seems sheer enough to include some stamping nail art as the gradient was subtle enough let the stamp show thru. When I went to actually stamp it, the layers didn't want to allow the stamp to show so I had to improvise (unless I wanted to stamp with black and I didn't); here's what I came up with.







While not what I had envisioned, not terribly bad. I got these Martha Stewart glitters last year for cheap cheap after Valentine's Day had passed-when Michaels puts all the stuff discounted to 80% off.

I used China Glaze Bridezilla, OPI And This Little Piggy, then China Glaze Carnival Lights for the gradient. Here's mani in progress:

Two coats of Bridezilla:



About two-thirds way in, did two coats of And This Little Piggy:

Then third in, two coats of Carnival Lights:


I'll probably do another gradient sometime when my nails are a little longer so I can ensure I have enough room for stamping...lesson learned!

Thanks for looking!
You have read this articlechina glaze / gradient / OPI / pink / Valentine with the title Not Exactly the Valentine's Day Mani I Wanted..... You can bookmark this page URL https://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/02/not-exactly-valentine-day-mani-i-wanted.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, February 13, 2011

Comments "Not Exactly the Valentine's Day Mani I Wanted...."

Post a Comment