Liquid Palisade Review

You may have noticed that I only posted a few snippets this week. I lost my blogging mojo, and a lot of my life mojo, thanks to a pesky wisdom tooth which I was happy to say goodbye to a couple of days ago! I'm back today with a review of the Liquid Palisade* that I mentioned in my last post. I know plenty of you were very curious about the product so here are my thoughts...

Liquid Palisade $22*
Liquid Palisade is a very interesting product that can be used all kinds of ways when painting your nails. It's basically a liquid that you can paint on to your skin and nails wherever you don't want nail polish to go. It dries to a rubbery film and, as the name implies, acts as a barrier between you and the nail polish. When you're finished polishing, it simply peels off leaving the surface underneath completely clean.



It comes in a 10g tube kind of like liquid eyeliner or lipgloss. The brush inside the tube perfectly suits its purpose. It's small (less than 1mm wide), a good length and the bristles are just the right amount of flexible!
If you're painting on a simple manicure, you can use it around your nails to prevent any mess and reduce clean up. Or you can use it to mark off patterns to create nail art designs. 
My favourite way to use it is around my nails when I'm doing gradients because they can be really messy when you use a sponge. The polish normally gets over my whole fingertip but the Liquid Palisade prevents that and saves me so much time that I would normally spend cleaning it all up.

For this, I'm following the gradient nails tutorial here and these colours are GOSH Pool Party and Barry M Gold Foil. 
I start by painting my base colour and then completely surrounding my nail with a thin layer of LP, including underneath the tip. While it's wet, it's opaque and lilac but as it dries it becomes a bit darker and more transparent. You have to wait about 40 seconds for it to dry completely before painting anything on top of it.


You can see that when I sponge on the gradient, most of the mess lands on the Liquid Palisade. After a bit of trial and error, I found out it works best if you peel off the LP as soon as possible while the polish is still wet rather than waiting for it to dry, then peeling. I just use a pair of tweezers to grab the LP and peel it away from my skin.


And here is the result! Nearly all of the polish that would normally be covering my skin is completely gone. Normally I would spend a good 10 minutes after finishing my gradient cleaning it all up using acetone and a paintbrush but using the LP, there is only a tiny amount left to brush away. Even those tiny bits could have been prevented if I'd applied the LP a bit more carefully.


Liquid Palisade is a great product and now that I have it, I wouldn't be without it. It saves me so much time on clean up when I'm doing messy nail art, especially gradients.
The only drawback is the price. At $23.60 per tube, it does sound expensive but you get a lot of product for your money - I've been using it at least once a week for 5 months and I haven't even made a dent in it. It's also one of those weird, wonderful and unique products that you won't find anywhere else. If you're a nail art enthusiast, looking for a way to make your manicures tidier or you love trying out fun, new beauty products, this is definitely a product for you to consider.

Liquid Palisade is available to buy from liquidpalisade.com for $22 ($23.60 after tax) with free worldwide shipping.

TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleLiquid Palisade / review with the title Liquid Palisade Review. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/01/liquid-palisade-review.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Saturday, January 12, 2013

Comments "Liquid Palisade Review"

Post a Comment