Dior "Les Gris City"

Dior is launching in a few days a set of 3 limited edition nail polishes named after 3 of their most famous boutiques :

807 Bond Street – A grey London fog with a kick of blue.
707 Gris Montaigne - the iconic color of the Dior House in Paris.
797 NY57th – Pre-dawn Manhattan.

Luckily, I was able to get my hands on these and of course I am very happy to be able to swatch them for you. Just like all the other latest Dior nail polishes I have tried so far, the formula was great, really easy to work with. The new brush does take some getting used to especially if you're used to OPI's but once you get the hang of it, the polish applies like a dream.

Gris Montaigne is a medium creme grey with slight purple undertone. It's a faux-cream actually, I didn't notice before taking the macro pics or applying it but it has a secret silver micro shimmer, very sparse and unlike Chanel's shimmer. It might not show on the pics but it tends to dry a bit daker than the bottle.
Apart from that, not much more to say about this one, it's very pretty and isn't too light or too dark so I can easily see it complimenting a lot of skin tones.


Dior Gris Montaigne
Dior Gris Montaigne

Bond Street is my favorite from the collection, I knew I had to have it the moment I saw the promo pics and it didn't let me down. I've been in a blue and teal kick lately and this blue with strong grey undertones (I'd rather describe it that than grey "with a kick of blue") is just what I needed to brighten my day. Just like Gris Montaigne, Bond Street has that secret silver shimmer; will it be Dior's new M.O."?
This one also dries darker than the bittle shows and the shimmer is a tiny littke bit more visible. It really gave me a hard time getting the picture right so imagine it a bit darker.

Again, perfect coverage and flawless application. I searched trough my stash but I couldn't find anything like it so I'd say apart from the gorgeous color, worth the price tag, for me anyway.

Dior Bond Street
Dior Bond Street

NY57th is a gunmetal grey with a very good 2 coats coverage and minimum brushstrokes.
It's not the most unusual grey and I'm sure we all have something very similar, if not a dupe, for a very much more affordable price.
Since it reminded me of Chanel Steel, I decided to make a quick comparison for you, in which I also included Chanel Inframetal just for the fun.
You can see that they are both a tad darker, Steel being the darkest despite the deceptive bottles. They also have larger particles that actually consist in a very subtle rainbow shimmer, more visible on nail on inframetal.


Dior NY57th


Dior NY57th

From top to bottom :
Chanel Steel
Chanel Inframetal
Dior NY57th
You have read this articleblue / Chanel / creme / dior / Grey / limited edition / metallic / shimmer / zoya with the title Dior "Les Gris City". You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2010/12/dior-gris-city.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Comments "Dior "Les Gris City""

Post a Comment