Katy Perry Inspired Lace Manicure

Since the OPI Katy Perry Contest winners were announced  yesterday, I thought I'd share my entry. Unfortunately the deadline for this was 5 PM PST Friday but I was so busy with the last part of my Glaze Tronica review that I submitted it 45 minutes late, which I didn't know at the time  LOL. Anyway, I really enjoyed doing it, so I hope you'll enjoy it too!

In order to enter the contest , you were supposed to pick one of 5 famous Katy Perry memorable nail looks and submit a creative design. Here's the one I chose, the famous lace manicure performed by the Celeb. manicurist Kimmie Kyees.




And here's what I made, I tried to take give an ethnic touch and keep the whole thing free-hand painted, I figured there was no fun in using real lace ;-)



I used black acrylic nail art paint (water based) on my nails and skin and OPI San Tan-Tonio but I guess any nude nail polish would have done the job with the sepia pictures.

Now I know this might sound wiered but this particular "nail art" feels much more personal to me than the other ones I made in the past, maybe because I drew it on my hand too, I don't know... So I'd be really happy to hear your thoughts on it, positive and negative, please feel free to leave them in the comments.


If you're curious to see the winners, you can have a look here. Congrats girls!
You have read this articleNail Art with the title Katy Perry Inspired Lace Manicure. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/03/katy-perry-inspired-lace-manicure.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Comments "Katy Perry Inspired Lace Manicure"

Post a Comment