Something Blue

I'm not really a big fan of wedding collections in general, apart from a job interview last December, I couldn't say when was the last time I wore a french mani... But this year, two nail polishes caught my interest : Essie Borrowed and Blue and OPI I Juggle... Men so I decided to swatch them together as the 2011 unconventional wedding mani ;-)

Essie Borrowed and Blue is a very pale cool baby blue creme. It has a very strong white base and no green or lavender hint whatsoever. It's very flattering on the nail and well pigmented. The first coat applied like a dream, almost full coverage but I had to add a few drops of thinner for the second coat, the polish wasn't streaky but a bit thicker. On the plus side, it dried really fast.

Essie Borrowed and Blue

Essie Borrowed and Blue

Essie Borrowed and Blue

Essie Borrowed and Blue

OPI I Juggle... Men is a rainbow of fuschia, blue and blurple microglitter flecks in a clear base. When the glitter particles don't reflect the light, they have a gold color. This one dried very fast to a very glossy finish. I didn't use topcoat on the swatches below, you'll understand why after the pics.

OPI I Juggle... Men

OPI I Juggle... Men over Essie Borrowed and Blue

Overall : I really love both these blues and the combo even more. But, like I said, be careful with the topcoat you use over OPI I Juggle... Men : a fast drying topcoat like Seche vite and you'll end up with this :



You have read this articleblue / creme / Essie / OPI / shimmer with the title Something Blue. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/04/something-blue.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Comments "Something Blue"

Post a Comment