#FF : Curaçao

I made today's franken this afternoon. I knew I wanted to use some spectraflair pigment but I was still undecided about the base color, so many possibilities...
Luckily my blogging gals Jeanette and Theresia, respectively The Swatchaholic and Amused Polish came up with suggestions and a turquoise holo, Curaçao, was created live from Twitter ;-)

Unfortunately I couldn't take any daylight or sun pics so it's much less holo here than in real life and than it should be but I had to (and was dying to) post it today and I hope you'll like it anyway.


Curaçao franken
Curaçao franken
Curaçao franken
Curaçao franken
Curaçao franken
Curaçao franken
Curaçao franken

Curaçao franken
Curaçao franken


I couldn't give you an exact formula because I kept adding different nail polishes until I liked the result but here are the steps that I recommend with spectraflair :
  • Take a bottle of clear nail polish, remove about 1/4 of polish (decant  it into an empty bottle, you will need it later).
  • Pour a small amount of spectraflair into the clear.
  • Add one (or a couple drops max) at a time of colored nail polish and swatch on a wheel as you go. I used OPI Ogre The Top Blue, Greenwich Village & Here Today Tomorrow Aragon.
  • Once you achieve the desired color, fill the rest of the bottle with part of the remaining clear.
That's it for today, I hope you enjoyed Curaçao, I'll try and post some other pics later this week if the sun decided to join in...

*edit*
I've had a lot of questions about where to get the spectraflair pigment. A lot of us bought it on eBay from a seller named Sid. He now stopped selling it there for various reasons including the sudden and excessive increase in the amount of orders (we drove the old man crazy lol) but I just checked, he still has some in his ecrater shop here. To give you an idea, one gram of spectraflair should be enough for 8 frankens.
You have read this articlefranken / Holographic / turquoise with the title #FF : Curaçao. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/06/ff-curacao.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, June 10, 2011

Comments "#FF : Curaçao"

Post a Comment