Had a Little Swatch Fest...

A while back, I had ordered Shirley's plates, A and B series. There were a few of the images that didn't stamp well and after a lot of swatching, I discovered that Essence Stampy polish or Wet n Wild black work best as they aren't as thick as Konad special polish. All in all, I believe there were around 11 images that I couldn't get to stamp. I was still pretty happy that most of them worked as there are a lot of really cool and unique designs.







I had read she got a new manufacturer for her plates so placed an order recently for the newly released C and D plates, that arrived today. I spent a bit of time swatching some of them with Konad special polish. I can say that of the ones that I swatched tonight, there was only one that was iffy (spiderweb; it did transfer but you have to be super quick to stamp or nothing transfers as the etching is very faint. These pix that you see are some of the swatching pix I did...feel free to click on them to enlarge them to see them a little better! Please note that these are quick and dirty swatches as I didn't plan on posting them... when I was doing them, it didn't matter to me if I got polish on whole plate or removed excess polish so some are not the best. I'd take more care if I was stamping on my fingers! And the plastic is easy to peel off... if you ordered A or B plates, you'll know what I'm talking about!!







Pretty cool, eh? I know a few of you are anxious to see how these C and D plates stamp, so I quickly swatched a few images over my current mani, Nicole by OPI Coral Denominator, which is part of the newly released Justin Bieber polishes. These are suppose to be Canadian exclusive...and they are pretty reclusive in my area as I've only found one store that carries them. Unfortunately, this isn't the best polish to show the designs but by default, just what I happen to have on at the time.





Here's Coral Denominator by itself. In certain lights, it looks pink and others, more on the coppery/coral/apricot side. This is two coats and still could see visible nail line. Next time, I'll do three coats or put a neutral colour as base coat.







I'll probably use a few more of these plates for my next few manis as I know there is some interest from fellow stamping addicts to see how they work! But so far, no complaints from me! I swatched several images from each image plate and only the spiderweb was iffy! Shirley's e-tailer site is here.***

***Please note that I paid the invoiced amount in full for my plates. I do not endorse nor promote this website/etailer other than I am passing on the info of where I got them to those who may wish to know. I have no affiliation with any company and received no compensation for promotion of these products, nor am I promoting them...just letting fellow bloggers where they may be obtained should they be interested!


You have read this articlecoral / Fauxnad / Nicole by OPI / SdP with the title Had a Little Swatch Fest.... You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/06/had-little-swatch-fest.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, June 3, 2011

Comments "Had a Little Swatch Fest..."

Post a Comment