Vacation Nails-Part One!

I recently returned from holidays and when I was away, I spent a bit of time in the region of Haliburton County, which is one of many cottage country areas in Ontario (there's also a town named Haliburton, which I did visit, where I was able to score Sally Hansen Prisms in Ruby Emerald, Ruby Sapphire and Garnet Lapis.....the cottage crowd mustn't be into polishes too much to leave these gems untouched!!). A good friend of mine has a cottage in the area near Carnarvon on Halls Lake...about halfway between Minden and Dorset....so my family and I spent a few days in the area checking it out. I've been going to my friends cottage for about 15 years but hadn't visited in a few years since I got my own weekend getaway place...but it was nice for a change of scenery!

I thought I'd share a few of my vacation nails as well as some pix of my trip if you wanted to have a peek....or just look at the nails, if you want to skip the scenery shots, no problem!

This was my mani for a few days...I wanted something bright and summery that would look good whether I was shopping, at the beach or on a hike. This fit the bill, I think!



This is two coats of Essie Exposure, using Big SdP-F, Konad special polish in white and random coloured dots.



Two coats of Essie Exposure.



Stamped.



And dotted!

And a few pix of my walk along Buttermilk Falls, which is right on Highway 35. Not to be confused with Niagara Falls (lol!!) this is just a very (very...very... very) small waterfall that runs from the Kennisis River that drains Halls Lake (where I was staying) into Boshkung Lake.

This is what you see as you walk along from the top of the *falls* down to the end where it drains into the lake.













Whats really cool about this pix (to me!) is that you can literally stand on that slab of rock on the bottom right hand corner and be within feet of that rushing roaring water....which I did!







Far away pix of my dad, who had hiked up ahead of me...I was lagging behind taking pix!


If I remember, I want to return to this exact spot in the fall ...I think it would be an amazing pix with fall foliage.









This was a nice way to spend an hour or so with the family. It was an easy walk...we were all in flip flops....and seen a side of the landscape that you don't see in the city!

Thanks for looking!
You have read this articleBig SdP F / Essie / Fauxnad / Konad / pink / SdP with the title Vacation Nails-Part One!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/08/vacation-nails-part-one.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, August 4, 2011

Comments "Vacation Nails-Part One!"

Post a Comment