How I Trim and Shape My Nails

A few people have asked me how I get my nails the shape they are so I thought I'd put together a picture tutorial to showing how I keep my nails in shape!


I use nail clippers and a glass nail file.
I've heard that you shouldn't use clippers if your nails are hard and strong (like mine) because it can lead to breakages but I've never had this problem.


These are my nails before I start working on them. When they get to a certain length I just have to cut them. I can feel when they get too long because they seem to get in the way constantly and I worry about catching and breaking them. My favourite length is about 2mm past my nail bed.



I start by trimming the length with the clippers. I use this massive pair which allows me to get the whole nail in one snip. I leave them a little longer than I actually want them so there is some excess nail that will get filed off when I start shaping.




I file the edge to the middle, then from the other edge to the middle.
Then I quickly file straight across the whole nail, one edge to the other.



I always aim for a slightly 'Squoval' shape. This means a square shape with slightly rounded edges. I normally work on the corners from underneath the nail.



And here we have the finished product. Short, sweet and squoval, just the way I like them!


TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articletutorial with the title How I Trim and Shape My Nails. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-i-trim-and-shape-my-nails.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Comments "How I Trim and Shape My Nails"

Post a Comment