OPI Spring Summer 2012 Holland part I : the cremes

Hi girls!
Before starting with the review, I would like to take a few seconds to tell you how happy you all make me. I have had so many nice comments in the last 2 days! If I had to pick my favorite thing about blogging I wouldn't hesitate one bit : your acknowledgment as readers.
Thank you all ♥
I still have a few surprises up my sleeve for the upcoming weeks but in the meanwhile, if you haven't entered my blogaversary giveaway, please do! (click here)


So... today I have decided to split the review sightly differently from usual : 
I present to you OPI Spring Summer 2012 Holland Collection, the cremes!

A Roll In The Hague Take advantage of this frisky little orange
Red Lights Ahead…Where? This coral-packed red is the hottest in the district
Kiss Me On My Tulips A smooch-worthy shade of hot pink
Did You ‘ear About Van Gogh? Rumour has it this sandy bisque is a work of art
Thanks a Windmillion You totally deserve this breezy sea green





A Roll In The Hague is a very bright and saturated "true" orange. I couldn't imagine a Holland collection without a perfect Koninginnedag (Queen's Day) shade and I'm glad OPI didn't skip it. I'm beginning to like orange more and more every day. Formula was really amazing, kind of on the thin side but good thin, very even and easy to work with. Almost a one coater.



Red Lights Ahead…Where?  isn't your usual red creme. It's not the most original red of course and to be honest I didn't have it in me to go on the look out for dupes in my stash but I would say that OPI On Collins Avenue would be an almost perfect dupe, some coral hints and a little dusty look, but not formula wise, Red Lights Ahead... Where? is much more opaque and a true 2 coater. Squishy looking and super glossy.





Kiss Me On My Tulips is everything you could ask for from a hot pink. Medium toned and blue based, it's a very bold shade of pink, girly in a good way. In terms of formula, it was pretty much the ame as A Roll in the Hague, even and almost a one coater.




Did You ‘ear About Van Gogh? Now we're talking! I don't think I have anything like this in my collection. You could call it nude, tan, sand, maybe even ecru. Such a versatile color, one of those that will look completely different depending on your skintone or even your outfit. I'm not completely satisfied with these swatches, I think it looks a bit darker in the bottle, but again versatile color... This is how it looks on me. I also included a swatch next to OPI Skull and  Glossbones from th Pirates of the Caribbean collection but Did You 'ear About Van Gogh? is so much warmer, a sort of very light taupe or cafĂ© au lait. I was also very surprised by how well it applied, 2 easy even coats here. I really love it.



Thanks a Windmillion is without a doubt my favorite of these cremes. I could go on raving on how amazing I think it is but I believe the pictures speak for themselves so I'll keep it simple : it's very similar to Mermaids Tears but deliciously dustier and a tad darker. Again, a very versatile color and your skintone or the ambient lighting will strongly affect how it looks on you. Formula wise, this was unexpectingly manageable again, applying easily in 2 coats. Ok, sorry, I can't help it, I looove it so much!!!





Overall :
I hope you're not too disappointed in me presenting the "boring" creme part of the Holland Collection first... But isn't creme the most popular finish? Sometimes I think I need to force myself into taking some perspective and looking at nail polishes from a more "muggle" point of view...
Anyway, I truly like all of the nps of this review, be it only for their formula regarding the "dupable" red and pink. Of course I am totally in love with Did You ‘ear About Van Gogh? and Thanks a Windmillion but that's no surprise.
Oh and before I forget : how ridiculously amazing are the names in this collection? So funny and thought through! Thumbs up!


*these products were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company*
You have read this articlecreme / green / nude / OPI / orange / pink / red / review / spring with the title OPI Spring Summer 2012 Holland part I : the cremes. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/11/opi-spring-summer-2012-holland-part-i.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Comments "OPI Spring Summer 2012 Holland part I : the cremes"

Post a Comment