OPI Spring Summer 2012 Holland part II : the shimmers

After the first part of the Holland collection, the cremes, here are, the shimmers, finally.
Be warned this will be a pic heavy post! I'm sure you won't mind, will you?

Pedal Faster Suzi! : This pink lavender shimmer will have you “wheeling”
Dutch ’Ya Just Love OPI? : All of Holland hollers for this crowd-pleasing plum
Vampsterdam : A deep purple for a divine diva
Wooden Shoe Like to Know? : It’s no secret…everybody loves this shimmery chocolate-brown
Gouda Gouda Two Shoes : Take a walk on the wild side with this robust rose
I Don’t Give a Rotterdam! :This sassy steal-blue shimmer means business!
I Have Herring Problem : What’s that you say? I need to “sea” this shimmery green-blue?



Pedal Faster Suzi! is a lavender tinted pink packed with little silver and pink flecks. Such a sparkly color, maybe even too sparkly for me, I think I'd probably wear it as an accent with a creme like OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender or Sparrow me the Drama since it falls almost perfectly between those two. In terms of formula, it was rather sheer on the first coat and covered nicely on the second one, I did use two coats below but I think I could have gone for three, it dried fast and applied really smoothly so that's won't be an issue next time.





Dutch ’Ya Just Love OPI?  is one of the polishes I expected to be part of my favorites in this collection and I'm so glad it didn't disappoint : a perfect medium toned warm purple with an unexpected shimmer made of pink, green and of gold particles.  Formula was pretty much what you'd expect from OPI, 2 coater, perfectly smooth and even application.






Vampsterdam. How cool is this name? A vampy shade for Spring/Summer, you won't hear me complaining. An amazingly cool toned dark eggplant with silver shimmer at the opposite OPI released in the past. I think that's what I would have wanted China Glaze Loft-y Ambitions from the Metro collection to look like. I used 3 coats here because of bald spots but 2 should be more than enough if unlike me you allow minimum drying time between coats.







Wooden Shoe Like to Know? is a warm taupey shade with the same shimmer as Dutch ’Ya Just Love OPI?, pink, green and gold shimmer translating into a very visible but not "in your face" gold flash. It's a very nice alternative to your usual taupe and has a faded purple hint that truly sets it apart. Formula was once again, oustanding, almost a one coater.




Gouda Gouda Two Shoes is an antique rosy brown or browny rose with, again, a pink/green/gold shimmer. To give you an idea of its base color, I'd say that it's basically the same as OPI Kreme de la Kremlin or Chanel Rose Confidentiel, I'm sure you all know how popular these shades have been. I really love it and how well it applied nicely and evenly in 2 coats.





I Don’t Give a Rotterdam! is just gorgeous. I might be biased since have a thing for blues and for shimmer flecks. Well this one's even better with a dusty blue leaning periwinkle base and a formula packed with silver and black flecks. It was a bit sheer but I don't see how it could be more opaque and show all this shimmer at the same time. It did build up with 2 coats though and I'll keep it short: I simply love it.






I Have Herring Problem is similar to I don't Give a Rotterdam in terms of finish and formula. The only difference is the darker, dustier and greener tint it has. If you asked me which one I prefer, I don't think I could choose, they are equally beautiful to me in their own way. This is 2 coats.






Overall :
I think this is the best OPI Spring/Summer collection in a long long time. I am absolutely blown away by the shimmers, the blues of course, probably my favorites, but both the browns and also the purples are fabulous.
I'm really curious what you all think about this collection.


Official release : 02/08/2012

*these products were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company*
You have read this articleblue / brown / OPI / pink / purple / review / shimmer / taupe / vampy with the title OPI Spring Summer 2012 Holland part II : the shimmers. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/11/opi-spring-summer-2012-holland-part-ii.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, November 11, 2011

Comments "OPI Spring Summer 2012 Holland part II : the shimmers"

Post a Comment