B'day mani a.k.a Hypnotic 51!

My birthday manicure had to meet 2 criteras this year:
first : be awesome, obviously!
and second : office appropriate.
Quite the dilemma...

After giving it some thought, I decided that I could go with a kind of burgundy shimmer and spice it up, so I reached for my newly acquired Essence  Hypnotic Poison and the notorious Nfu Oh 51.
I wanted to emphasize the burgundy side of 51 that you can only see in the midle of the bottle, the edges being blue, and this seemed to me like a perfect combo, merely vampy from afar and flakie-tastic at close range.

But before, sharing this mani with you, I need to say that I'm really sad I'm not able to do it justice, macro pictures enhance the flaws and I could only take these pictures today, after 4 entire days so please excuse the tipwear and big(ger) gap.








Overall :
I'm just in looooove with this combo, I can't remember wearing the same nail polish for this long and not getting tired of it! The duochrome awesomness on 51 is unbelievable! I'm telling you it's the Clarins 230 of flakies!!!
In real life, it still looks almost perfect after 4 days, just minimum tipwear, I'm really impressed. In case you'd want to know, I used Nail Tech Foundation 2, one coat of Essence, 2 of Nfu Oh and topped it all with Seche. Next time, I'll try and bring its blue side to life :D

Thanks for commenting girls!
xoxo.
You have read this articleduochrome / essence / flakies / layering / nnfu oh / review / shimmer with the title B'day mani a.k.a Hypnotic 51!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/12/b-mani-aka-hypnotic-51.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, December 8, 2011

Comments "B'day mani a.k.a Hypnotic 51!"

Post a Comment