Speciallità Hits No Olimpo Collection Swatches and Review

Brasil, otherwise known as Brazil, cannot be ignored anymore when it comes to nail polish.
I've been following a few fellow brazilian nail bloggers for a while and I could only concede that they had beautiful local shades but if one collection has really contributed to a frenzy this year, it definitely is Hits No Olimpo : 12 linear holographic colors and a topcoat.



From left to right : Zeus, Dionísio, Apolo, Hera, Poseidon, Ares, Atena,
Hestia, Afrodite, Demeter, Hermes, Artemis and Hefesto (top coat)





Zeus is a strong black holo, probably the strongest black holo I have ever seen. It's a bit sheer, I used 3 coats here but I will most probably layer it next time to save the precious liquid...



Dionísio is a warm based dark purple holo. The linear effect is very strong, I used 2 coats on these swatches.

Apolo is a rather dark blue holo. It's a very good alternative to OPI DS Glamour if you've missed it or aren't willing to drop ridiculous amounts on money for it (which you defintely shouldn't!). This is 2 coats too.

Hera is a gorgeous turquoise holo. So beautiful! It reminds me of a caribbean sea, really mesmerizing. It was a bit on the sheer side but I only used 2 coats in these pictures.

Poseidon is the third and last blue in this collection. If you're looking for the most holographic blue polish ever, this might be it. It's also very bold although it's a rather light shade, with an icy look even. I also used 2 coats.

Ares is my red holographic dream come true. Bright blue based and a strong linear holo... I can't imagine someone not loving this one, I'm seriously head over heels for it. Formula is also more opaque than the previous polishes, it's almost a 1 coater, but 2 thin coats were necessary to reach full opacity.

Atena is yet another very strong holo, hot blue based fuchsia. It remins me of OPI DS Signature. 2 coater as well.


Hestia is a mauve holo with a very strong pink hue, very soft, candy-like. Formula was thicker than the others. I only used one coat.

Afrodite is the least linear holo of the collection but I love it anyway. I don't think I've ever seen a polish like this : medium bugglegum pink, very bold and saturated : gorgeous! 2 coats were used.

Demeter is a very unusal orange holo, completely different, once again fom the other orange holos in my stash : Catherine Arley 806 or 802, OPI Coral Reef,...  It's almost a one coater too (2 coats here).




Hermes is the "unskippable" gold holo of the collection. Rather taupey-gold and a little bit brushstrokey but a beautiful color nontheless. It was on the sheer side but I used 2 coats on these swatches.





Artemis  is the last shade, the silver version of Hermes : same opacity and brushstrokes issues but really nice too, and super strong holo. It's a very bright silver, with a white-ish tint. I used 2 coats.





Hefesto is a very strong holographic topcoat. I used 2 coats here, directly over my usual basecoat, to try and show you how it looks like by itself. It's probably the strongest holo of all 13 polishes in this collection and allows multiple possibilities because, being so sheer, it won't alter that much the color you'll layer it over. Here it is with 2 coats.






Overall :
Speciallità has really treated us with this amazing collection when every major brand seems to have turned its nose up at linear holos.
I love each and every single one of them and I really can't wait to try more of their products. Did you know they have an entire line of flakies called Mundo de Danças? And a duochrome one too : Mari Moon.
They really know how to make a difference!


Speciallità nail polish can be purchased (almost) world wide on speciallita.com.br and retail for approximately $3 to $5 depending on the collections.
I got mine thanks to a very special nail polish lover from Brazil. Thanks again sweetie!


You have read this articleholo / review / speciallita with the title Speciallità Hits No Olimpo Collection Swatches and Review. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/01/speciallita-hits-no-olimpo-collection.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, January 8, 2012

Comments "Speciallità Hits No Olimpo Collection Swatches and Review"

Post a Comment