Disco Nails with 'Glequins'

When I showed a friend [this] manicure from a few days ago and mentioned that I placed each piece of 'glitter' individually, he said it's a bit big to be glitter. I never thought about it too much before but I think he's completely right, but then again; they're too small to be sequins! So I ended up mashing the two words together and I will now call these little hexagonal pieces of shiny plastic GLEQUINS (glee-kwins)!

Today's nail art idea comes from Lucy on Facebook. She had the idea of a mirror ball accent nail and I happen to have the perfect glequins for a mirror ball look. I really can't stop staring at that accent nail and wiggling it around in the light. I think the pictures do quite a good job of showing the holographic effect but it's even more mesmerizing in person.

Disco Nail Art

Disco Nail Art

I added some 'strobe lights' on the other nails by painting on the bright base colours first. Next, I marked off some lines using striping tape, painted W7 Black over the top and peeled off the tape before the black had a chance to dry.
The base colours (top to bottom in the above picture) are Born Pretty Fluorescent #15, Sally Hansen Brisk Blue, Rimmel Grey Matter and BYS Pink Panic.

For the accent nail, I used two coats of Rimmel Grey Matter and started attaching the glequins while the second coat was still tacky. As you can imagine, this took quite a while so when I got about half way down the nails, I had to add a coat of clear polish to make it sticky again. The holographic hexagonal glequins are from Born Pretty Store here.

Each nail is topped with two coats of Cult Nails Wicked Fast.

Disco Nail Art

Disco Nail Art

Disco Nail Art

TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleblack / Glequins / glitter / Rimmel / Stick Ons with the title Disco Nails with 'Glequins'. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/05/disco-nails-with.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Comments "Disco Nails with 'Glequins'"

Post a Comment