Strippy McStrip Stripe

I seem to be posting later and later every day as this week goes on. I'm so easily distracted, especially when you put me in front of anything with an internet connection! So even when I sit down and fully intend to focus all my attention in to writing a post, it normally ends up taking 3 hours or so to get it done in between all the other interesting things I can find to take up my time. For instance, tonight I opened up blogger and uploaded pictures then proceeded to watch 3 episodes of Fresh Meat before I remembered I had a post waiting to be written! 

Since I first used metal chain in a manicure back in March, I'm always on the lookout for chains that would be suitable for sticking to my nails. I found this one in a charity shop and picked it up for £1. It is really really tiny and absolutely perfect for nail art.The best part is I don't even need pliers to cut it, my nail clippers slice through the metal like it's butter!

This is my first time trying striping tape! I decided to get one from Born Pretty Store to see if we would get along and I'm pleased to report we've become good friends. I've purchased a set of ten rolls from eBay here for an absolute bargain of 99p so prepare for more stripy nails in the future.

A-England Galahad with Striping Tape

A-England Galahad with Striping Tape

I started with two coats of A-England Galahad and waited fro that to dry before applying the striping tape. My main concern with the tape was how I would cut it to the right size so I started with a generous guess, placed it at one side using my Mash Tweezers and slowly smoothed it down towards the other edge. If there  was any excess, I chopped it off using nail clippers before smoothing it down right to the edge.

I applied a clear top coat and placed on the chain while that was still tacky, again using the Mash Tweezers. Finally, I added another top coat just to my ring finger.

A-England Galahad with Striping Tape

A-England Galahad with Striping Tape

If you have time today, please stop by Bundle Monster's Facebook Competition and vote for your favourites. If you'd like to put in a vote for me, you can go directly to my entry by clicking here. Thanks so much to everyone that's voted for me already, your support really means a lot much to me!

TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articlea-england / blue / striping tape with the title Strippy McStrip Stripe. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/05/strippy-mcstrip-stripe.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, May 11, 2012

Comments "Strippy McStrip Stripe"

Post a Comment