Wibble Wobble, Polish on a Plate

Fun fact - In the UK (as opposed to the US), Jello is called Jelly and Jelly is called Jam. Wrap your brain around that for a second! Also, have some context for the title.

This is my first ever Jelly sandwich! It just seemed to slot together this week after I got my first 'proper' jelly in a package from the States and spotted this multi glitter in The Original Factory Shop yesterday.
For those of you that aren’t familiar with jelly sandwiches, the process involves layers of jelly polish and layers of glitter or other special kinds of polish painted alternatively on the nails so the glitter looks buried underneath.
I didn’t get too overzealous with layering on this one because I didn’t want a mani that would take five hours to dry! I kind of cheated and used a crème first to cut down on the amount of coats I’d need to get it opaque. You can find all the details of the polishes and the order I used them in down the page a little.

You may also notice my funky new watermarks. I finally figured out how to get text to follow a curve in Photoshop so I had a good time playing with that effect. I’m not sure if I’ll be keeping them this way because it takes much longer than just stamping on the straight version but for now, they’re lots of fun! I'd like to know what you think if them, do they detract from the pictures or do you prefer the way they're integrated instead of randomly placed?

Glitter Sandwich with OPI Houston We Have A Purple

Glitter Sandwich with OPI Houston We Have A Purple

Glitter Sandwich with OPI Houston We Have A Purple

The Recipe
One coat of Barry M Bright Purple
One coat of NYC Starry Silver Glitter
Two coats of OPI Houston We Have A Purple
One coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast Top Coat

Glitter Sandwich with OPI Houston We Have A Purple

Glitter Sandwich with OPI Houston We Have A Purple

TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleBarry M / glitter / NYC / OPI / purple / Sandwich with the title Wibble Wobble, Polish on a Plate. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/05/wibble-wobble-polish-on-plate.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, May 20, 2012

Comments "Wibble Wobble, Polish on a Plate"

Post a Comment