Superheroes Challenge: Marvel Hero... Wasp!

So we've seen the Villain and today, Marvel's hero is riding, or should I say flying, in to save the day! I know that Venom is Spider-Man's arch enemy but I've done Spider-Man nail art in the past so I thought I'd try something new today. I've actually done most of the popular Marvel heroes before (Marvel even has it's own tag!) so I had to reach a bit further than the Hollywood blockbusters for today's nail art.

I chose to do Wasp, aka Janet Van Dyne. Some of you might recognise her from one of the Avengers cartoon series. I know that's where I first saw her and when I was coming up with ideas for today's nail art, I had an idea for her immediately! The wings came out better than I expected since I had the idea to make them pearly right at the last second and it definitely makes them more convincing as wasp wings!



I used NYC Lexington Yellow and Cult Nails Cruisin Nude as my base colours. All the black detail is done with a small nail art brush and black acrylic paint. Finally, I used Rimmel Daisy Chain to go over the wings and give them that delicate, pearly effect.
I finished it all of with two coats of Cult Nails Wicked Fast.



Shoot over to these blogs to see what the other ladies came up with today!
Charlotte from Charlotte's Nails
Debbie from The Crumpet

TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleComics / cult nails / freehand / Marvel / NYC / yellow with the title Superheroes Challenge: Marvel Hero... Wasp!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/06/superheroes-challenge-marvel-hero-wasp.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, June 14, 2012

Comments "Superheroes Challenge: Marvel Hero... Wasp!"

Post a Comment