Raise Your Nails For Luca!

The subject of this post is kind of a serious topic considering the kind of stuff I usually write about. Today I want to take some time to tell you about an inspirational little boy of just 3 years old - Luca - who survived against all odds after he was diagnosed with Meningococcal Septicaemia in January this year. He didn't come away unscathed however, and the devastating effect the disease had on his body meant he ended up losing both of his legs. A charity was founded to help raise the funds so that Luca will be able to get the best prosthetics available and every chance at a great life.


I've been following his story on Facebook for a while now and every little snippet brings a smile to my face. Luca's got quite the online following and I'm not surprised. The campaign calls for everyone to 'Raise Your Hands For Luca'. All you need is a pen and a palm to show your support, but you can read more about that on the Facebook Page. Of course, instead of writing it on my palm, I had to scribble it on my nails and raise them instead!

I thought I would just take some time to show my support to Luca the best way I know how and try to share the cause with you guys. Please go and Like or Follow 'For Luca'. I do both and I promise you'll love seeing his updates!

Read Luca's story here
For Luca on Facebook
@For_Luca on Twitter
For Luca on Just Giving


This base colour is No7 Lucky Lilac and I freehanded on the lettering with a small striping brush. The font is Action Jackson.
I used the 2012 Bundle Monster set with W7 Black to add some fancy details on the 'spare' nails.
Finally, I added a topcoat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast.



TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articlefreehand / No7 / purple with the title Raise Your Nails For Luca!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/07/raise-your-nails-for-luca.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, July 23, 2012

Comments "Raise Your Nails For Luca!"

Post a Comment