Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

I found out today that I made it on to the shortlist for the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards 2012! It really is all thanks to you guys. Thank you to everyone that put in a nomination for me, I love you all so much! I'm even getting a little teary eyed writing this *le cry*!

If you would like to vote for me, you can do so on the Cosmo website and I'm in the Established Beauty Blog category. I'm not getting my hopes up for the win but I'm really overjoyed just to be on the list! I say this all the time (and I still find it hard to fully articulate my feelings on the subject) but when I started this blog I never imagined it would evolve in to the one you're reading today but I'm so glad that it has. To be receiving such recognition for doing something that I love is just overwhelming. Once again, thank you!

Today's nail art is something I've had in mind for a long time, well the basic premise anyway. I knew I wanted to do naked half-moons but I didn't know how I would dress them up. As hard as I try, I can't shake this glequin obsession so I'm just going to keep rolling with it!

Half Moon and Glitter by The Nailasaurus

Half Moon and Glitter by The Nailasaurus

I did not use a 'base colour'. I just used my base coat (Cult Nails Get It On) and waited for that to dry before using some hole reinforcers to mark of the half moons at the base of my nails. I painted a coat of W7 Black on each nail and quickly removed the hole reinforcers. I used a striping brush with W7 Black to neaten up any mistakes and let it all dry.
To attach the glequins, I painted on a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast and used a sticky toothpick to place them while that was still tacky.
Finally, I added another coat of wicked fast and that was that!

Stuff I used:


Half Moon and Glitter by The Nailasaurus

Half Moon and Glitter by The Nailasaurus

TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleblack / Glequins / glitter / Half Moon / nude / w7 with the title Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/07/thank-you-thank-you-thank-you.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, July 16, 2012

Comments "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!"

Post a Comment