NY Fashionail Week Day 4: Kate Spade

A while ago, a friend of mine asked if I could do some gingham nail art for her and this past weekend, I did! When I tweeted a picture of the manicure in question, Amy from Gotham Polish, came back and asked if I'd seen Deborah Lippmann's nail art for Kate Spade's NYFW show? I immediately checked out her blog post to see the nail art in question and she had indeed created gingham nails very similar to the ones I did. Great minds think alike hey?!
That's pretty much how this theme week was born, so thank you Amy for pointing out that they have cool nail art at New York Fashion Week!

The catwalk models had all fingers the same colour but I wanted to try out as many shades as I could. I tried to go for polishes that I knew were slightly see through to recreate the gingham effect but only the blue and green seemed to work for that, the other colours were too opaque.

Kate Spade NYFW SS13 Nail Art

Kate Spade NYFW SS13 Nail Art


I used Barry M White as a base colour and a striping brush to paint on the stripes in Barry M Mint Green, Barry M Indigo, NYC Lexington Yellow and Miss Sporty Orange. I finished with two coats of Essence Better Than Gel.
You have read this articleBarry M / blue / freehand / green / NYFW SS13 / orange / white / yellow with the title NY Fashionail Week Day 4: Kate Spade. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/09/ny-fashionail-week-day-4-kate-spade.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, September 20, 2012

Comments "NY Fashionail Week Day 4: Kate Spade"

Post a Comment