Watermarble "This is Halloween Nail Art Challenge"

I guess they call nail art challenges "challenges" for a reason. I really do find water marbling a serious challenge, and judging by the comments from other bloggers taking part in this Halloween challenge, it's not just me!

I was really excited about my idea for the water marble.  My idea was to create very thin and fine black and netural lines, pulled out in a fan like shape to create a spider web. I was then going to use the dry marble technique to cut them out and apply them just to the lower corner of my nail.  I was then going to place little spiders in the upper part of my nail.

So, what actually happened? Well, my watermarbles in the water sucked and I just couldn't get the lines nice and thin, then I couldn't work out how to put them on my nails so they looked like webs. In the end I put the marble designs over full nails using OPI Don't Pretzel my Buttons as the base on the ring and pinky, and then I put it over Ulta3 Black satin for the ring finger.  

I stamped the spiders using Bundle Monster plate BM13 and then added red rhinestones on the abdomen. Because I wanted to make my spiders red-backs, I coloured the rhinestones in with black polish and just left a red line down their back.

I'm completely in love with the spiders and think I will have to do an full red-back spider mani. Although, for the record, I'm totally freaked out by red-backs.  They are bloody everywhere here.  I could venture into the yard right night and easily locate at least a dozen of them!!



Next up on the list is Ghosts *puts on thinking cap*

Below is the inlinkz, if you are looking for the marble designs, check them out from about No.66 onward.
You have read this articleHalloween Challenge 2012 with the title Watermarble "This is Halloween Nail Art Challenge" . You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/10/watermarble-is-halloween-nail-art.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, October 5, 2012

Comments "Watermarble "This is Halloween Nail Art Challenge" "

Post a Comment