31DC2012: Day 13 Animal Print REAL FEATHERS!

I've been burning the candle at both ends this week and as a result I've either been too busy or too tired to blog. So this is actually Thursday's post, just super late!
I've been looking forward to this day since before the challenge started. I bought these feathers in Hobbycraft weeks ago and I knew they'd be my animal print mani. I'm in huuuge love with this nail art but, being a picker, it didn't last more than a day before I pulled the feathers off! 

You can see Cris's animal print mani here and Rie's right about here.



It's so hard to explain how I did this, but I'll try anyway! I painted on two coats of Essie Glamour Purse and let it dry completely. I picked out feathers that were already the right size for my nail and just cut off a bit more than I needed to cover my nail.
Next I added a thick coat of top coat and placed the end of the feather on my nail. I licked my finger and used it to gently push the feathers in to the clear polish. At this point there is still feather hanging off the end of my nail that I'll cut off later. 
After doing that on every finger and letting it dry a bit, I added about 3 coats of Seche Vite to every nail to smooth it over. Finally, I used some scissors to cut the feathers at the end and then a nail file to file the leftovers right down to my own nail.




TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this article31DC2012 / brown / Essie / Stick Ons with the title 31DC2012: Day 13 Animal Print REAL FEATHERS!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/11/31dc2012-day-13-animal-print-real.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Saturday, November 3, 2012

Comments "31DC2012: Day 13 Animal Print REAL FEATHERS!"

Post a Comment