31DC2012: Day 16 Tribal Print Nails

Day 16 of the 31 Day Challenge calls for Tribal Nails. I love tribal nails but they take a hell of a long time to do! So I copped out and cooked up some glitter sandwiches on a few of my fingers when it was getting too close to bed time.

I have a confession to make. Last week I cut my cuticles. I really couldn't tell you why, I had the clippers in front of me so I just did it. It was one of those decisions I regretted almost instantly, like while I was still sat there cutting away at my fingers, and yet I still couldn't stop doing it. I am never going to cut my cuticles again.
There's not really a bottom line to this story, I just thought it was something noteworthy to write down on my nail blog! I've always been an advocate of moisturise and push and since my bad decision last week, I feel stronger than ever about it. My favourite post about cuticle care is still this one from Lacquerized's archive. Perhaps it's time I finally wrote my own.



I used three coats of Deborah Lippmann Fashion* as my base colour. The colours in the tribal patterns are NYC Water Street Blue*, MUA Shade 23 and Black Acrylic Paint. I used a small striping brush to paint the details. 
The studs are from Born Pretty Store (SA5X31 to get 10% off).
The glitter is JENsations Bubble Gum with a coat of OPI Samoan Sand over the top to create a sandwich.
I finished it all off with two coats of Seche Vite.



TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this article31DC2012 / deborah lippmann / freehand / glitter / JENsations / mua / nude / NYC / OPI / Sandwich / Tribal with the title 31DC2012: Day 16 Tribal Print Nails. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/11/31dc2012-day-16-tribal-print-nails.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Comments "31DC2012: Day 16 Tribal Print Nails"

Post a Comment