31DC2012: Day 17 Glitter

We all like the way glitter looks. Even I like the way it looks and believe me when I say I'm the biggest glitterphobe going! I've linked to this video before, but it really does sum up my feelings towards loose glitter perfectly. As soon as you get one little flake on you, it's everywhere!
Of course, glitter polish is slightly different but it comes with its own difficulties. Most notably it's a pain in the butt to remove. There used to be the foil removal method but recently, people have been talking about a new way to remove it. Well, technically it's a new way to apply it so that it comes off in one swoop. Basically, you just use PVA Glue instead of your base coat. I won't go in to it too much because other brilliant bloggers already have so if you want to know more, you should read these posts at Pretty Purple Polish and Lab Muffin.

Don't forget to stop by Let Them Have Polish and Nails and Noms today for more sparkling glitter nails.



I've had these colours from the Sally Hansen Gem Crush Collection* for a while but I've been putting off wearing them because I didn't want the hassle of removal. Now that's not an issue, I couldn't decide which one I to wear, so I just decided on 4 of them! The colours are Glitz Gal (Grey/Silver), Lady Luck (Pink), Be-Jeweled (Purple) and Big Money (Gold).

I used 3 coats of each straight on to my nails and they've given complete coverage. Also... so much sparkle! I topped it off with 2 coats of Seche Vite and it was still a bit bumpy but 



You can see how the PVA base works. It lets you peel off pretty much the whole nail of polish in one go. No more scrubbing or soaking. I'll definitely be wearing glitter more often now that I won't have to dread the removal!


TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this article31DC2012 / glitter / sally hansen with the title 31DC2012: Day 17 Glitter. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/11/31dc2012-day-17-glitter.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, November 8, 2012

Comments "31DC2012: Day 17 Glitter"

Post a Comment