31DC2012: Day 18 Half Moons

For day 18 of the challenge, we have to create half moon manicures. This is another day that I've been really looking forward to since I saw this half gradient, half half moon creation at Globe and Nail. I stole the Purple and Green colour combination from last year's Day 18 manicure! I never know what to pair with green except for more green. Then my brain always skips to 'What's green?' Grass and HULK... 'What colour does he wear?' PURPLE!

You can see Christina's Half Moon Manicure here and Rie's is here!



I used Essie Navigate Her as my base colour and applied a coat of Seche Vite to make it dry quickly.
Next I stuck Hole Reinforcers to my nails at the cuticle to mark off the half moon shape before creating a gradient with Julep Anne and a little more Navigate Her (gradient tutorial here).
Finally, I used a nail art brush with a bit of Julep Anne just to fill any any gaps on the moons and topped it off with two coats of Seche Vite.




TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this article31DC2012 / Essie / gradient / green / Half Moon / Julep / purple with the title 31DC2012: Day 18 Half Moons. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/11/31dc2012-day-18-half-moons.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Saturday, November 10, 2012

Comments "31DC2012: Day 18 Half Moons"

Post a Comment