31DC2012: Day 25 Inspired by Fashion

Welcome to Day 25 of the challenge! Today, we have to create nails inspired by fashion so the first thing I did (again) was type 'Fashion' in to Google! I came across the Vogue website and started clicking through this season's catwalk shows.
I spent a long time looking through and I was waiting to see something... ANYTHING that I could immediately envisage on my nails when the bottom half of a dress from Christian Dior's ready-to-wear collection caught my eye. I immediately knew that this would be the nail art I'd do to match and I'm so pleased with the way it turned out.

Runway photo credit: Vogue.co.uk


For this manicure, I didn't use a base colour or even a base coat, I went straight in with some striping tape to mark off the lines. I did this for two reasons. Firstly of course, you've got the authentic see through look and also I couldn't be bothered to wait for anything to dry! For the thicker lines I just used two pieces of tape right next to each other. I used nail art tweezers for this step because it's very fiddly.
When all the tape was in place, I painted on a coat of A-England Lancelot, one nail at a time, and carefully peeled off the tape using the tweezers. There was some polish out of place, especially near the edges where the tape had come away from the nail a little, so I dipped a nail art brush in some acetone to clean away the bits I didn't want. When everything was completely dry, I used two coats of Seche Vite to glaze it over.



Now go to Rie and Cris' blogs to see their fashionicures!


TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this article31DC2012 / a-england / black / striping tape with the title 31DC2012: Day 25 Inspired by Fashion. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/11/31dc2012-day-25-inspired-by-fashion.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Comments "31DC2012: Day 25 Inspired by Fashion"

Post a Comment