31DC2012 Day 28: Inspired by a Flag... Jamaica

My weekends used to be a chance to relax and unwind and get a bit of blogging done but recently they've become so hectic. I've just found 10 minutes in the middle of all the hustle and bustle before I set off to Birmingham for The Black Keys' gig tonight. I am excite!

Today's challenge prompt is Inspired by a Flag and I picked Jamaica's. Rie has had to postpone her challenge but Cris has her flag nail art waiting for you here



I started with one coat of Barry M White and then 2 coats of NYC Lexington Yellow before adding one top coat of Seche Vite to make it dry ready for... striping tape which I placed on the nail in a cross to mark off where the yellow lines would stay. 
I used W7 Black and NYC High Line Green* with a nail art brush to paint on the triangle sections, being careful not to overlap the striping tape too much. 
Next I peeled of the striping tape and used a bit of the NYC Lexington Yellow with a striper brush to neaten up any of the bit where the dark colours had crept under the tape.
Finally, I used two coats of NYC In a New York Minute to top it all off.




TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this article31DC2012 / black / green / striping tape / yellow with the title 31DC2012 Day 28: Inspired by a Flag... Jamaica. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/12/31dc2012-day-28-inspired-by-flag-jamaica.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, December 9, 2012

Comments "31DC2012 Day 28: Inspired by a Flag... Jamaica"

Post a Comment