31DC2012: Day 31 Recreate Your Favourite Challenge (Part 2)

Here it is. The very last. The final day of my 31 Day Challenge 2012! It's been a long and bumpy ride, we even lost a woman 5 weeks in but just like last year, I'm so glad we did it! I don't really have much else to say on the subject so I'll just leave you with my recreation of Rie's Day 8 Metallic Nails.
I've never ever done a splatter mani before and I probably won't be doing one again any time soon. The clean up on this took just as long, if not longer, than the mani itself! I think part of the problem was the metallic polishes. Whenever I touched acetone to the mess, it would send a million bits of shimmer swimming in to my cuticles and I just couldn't get it all off! Saying that, I did grow to love the result and maybe a bit of practice will do me good.




I used A-England Lancelot as my base colour, then used Essie Penny Talk, Barry M Gold Foil and Barry M Silver Foil for the splatters. I topped it with one coat of Seche Vite to make it dry quickly and then one coat of Rimmel Mattifying Top Coat.



TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this article31DC2012 / a-england / Barry M / black / Essie / matte / Rimmel / Splatter with the title 31DC2012: Day 31 Recreate Your Favourite Challenge (Part 2). You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/12/31dc2012-day-31-recreate-your-favourite.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, December 21, 2012

Comments "31DC2012: Day 31 Recreate Your Favourite Challenge (Part 2)"

Post a Comment