Aussie Nail - Aussie Lingo

Some bright and loud summery Aussie nails sharing some fair dinkum Aussie lingo.

For this mani I started with white nails, then I created a gradient using Picture Polish Crazy and Lime lite.  I applied a temporary tattoo design on my middle finger and I placed various words, which I had printed out on water decal paper and then cut up into single words, on my nails at various angles.

All of these words or short phrases are very easily understood down under, although not necessarily said all that often. I'd be interested to know how many of them international people know them all.  And for anyone wondering about what a bogan or yobbo is from my post earlier this week, I've provided some links.  

While putting all the words together I was actually quite amazed and just how many Australian slang words there are - and so many that I didn't actually realize were slang.  Some are words we use everyday and you often don't realize that they are not part of the normal English language.

 




Get the InLinkz code here to add to your blog.
You have read this articleAustralia Day / Nail Art with the title Aussie Nail - Aussie Lingo . You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/01/aussie-nail-aussie-lingo.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, January 24, 2013

Comments "Aussie Nail - Aussie Lingo "

Post a Comment