Light Over Dark

This weeks FB Adventures in Stamping challenge was light stamping over dark.  Here's what I came up with.

Picture239-2

Started with a base coat of New York Summer Hot Purple, three coats, no topcoat.

Picture203-2

This is two coats for comparison.  I probably could have left at two coats if I wasn't taking pix as it did have pretty good coverage IRL and the VNL wasn't as obvious.

Picture195-2

Topped with a coat of KBShimmer Hex Appeal.

Picture213-2

This is Hex Appeal bottle pix.

Picture205-2

Stamped with light gray Konad special polish using VL 001.  I chose this image specifically so the glitter from Hex Appeal would be visible underneath.

Picture219-2

While I didn't mind the look of this, I decided to add random flowers on top using pink Beautiful Scratchers special polish using XL F; topped with SV.  Even with the additional flowers, you can still see the glitter underneath which was cool!

Picture231-2

I got my bottle of KBShimmer from Harlow & Co. as KBShimmer does not offer international shipping of nail polish.

Hope you had a great weekend....thanks for looking!

You have read this articleBeautiful Scratchers / glitter / Indie Polishes / KBShimmer / layering / new york summer / purple / VL001 / XL F with the title Light Over Dark. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/01/light-over-dark.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, January 14, 2013

Comments "Light Over Dark"

Post a Comment