Nail Prisms

The other day when I wore Shimmer Alice in the tape design, I commented to my mum that I thought it looked a bit like a Christmas tree. "Nah, it's doesn't look like a tree to me, it looks like a prism reflecting light" she said. *Bing* I light bulb goes off above my head. "Ooohhh, you just gave me idea for some nail art" I replied. Thus, this nail prism mani was born.


This is what I was going for on my nails.
Photo credit: mostphotos.com

I'm so happy with how this turned out. I started with a black base, then taped off the triangle area. I used a fine striping brush and painted thin flaring lines of Pretty Serious Santa's Sunburn, and a whole bunch of Kleancolor Metallic polishes - orange, yellow, green, blue & sapphire.  Then just add the white light line at the top and put the prisim rhinestone at the apex. 

The only thing I wish I had in my stash to change this design was the triangle rhinestones that I ordered a couple of weeks ago from the Born Pretty Store - they still haven't arrived yet, and I was too impatient to wait.




You have read this articleNail Art with the title Nail Prisms. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/01/nail-prisms.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, January 18, 2013

Comments "Nail Prisms"

Post a Comment