A little bit of this and that

Just a few random things tonight.

First up, a comparison swatch for a reader who asked me to compare Picture Polish o'hara, vegas and OPI The spy who loved me.  Here are two photos, one in natural overcast light, the other in artificial light.  The colour of o'hara is more raspberry and the scattered holo bits look pink toned.  Vegas and The spy who loved me are actually very similar.  TSWLM was more opaque that vegas and the red/gold shimmer in vegas is slightly finer, but otherwise they are very close.



Next, check this out.  This is the break I have been nursing on my left hand ring finger now for 10 days.  I've decided not to use the silk wrap or tea bag method with nail glue, because in the past I've not had much luck with it.  Usually I find it too thick and I end up with a big fat lump at the side of my nail where the wrap is.  I also find that it is so stiff and ridged, with no 'give', that I inevitably break it the very next day.

I've only been holding this break together with soak off gel polish - Gelicious in my case.  I put a little dab on my break and lift the nail a bit to get it in the crack.  I then line it up carefully and cure.  Then I apply the base gel coat to the full nail and usually two coats of gel top coat.  So far so good.  I usually remove the gel polish and redo it every three days or so.  I know it will eventually break off and leave me with quite a round looking nail, but I hope by then I have enough length back to file them even again.


Lastly, aren't these the cutest rocks you've ever seen?  Mr 4 and Miss 4 really love playing with nail polish, and they take any opportunity to paint stuff with it.  My solution was to grab some small white stones from our backyard and let them loose with my stash of franken polishes.  All piled together they look absolutely stunning.  In fact I'm thinking of painting a whole bunch of them myself and putting them into a glass fish bowl and putting it at my desk at work.  It would be a great talking piece and would allow me to look at my pretty polishes all day long.


Do you guys do anything with your nail polishes, other than paint your nails with them?  I recently saw a press release from OPI about Australian artist Jen D'Arcy painting a portrait of Julia Morris using only OPI lacquers.  She used 1071 bottles (16 litres of nail lacquer) apparently.  When the photos of the portrait are released later this week, I post a copy of it.
You have read this articleOPI / picture polish with the title A little bit of this and that. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-little-bit-of-this-and-that.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, February 24, 2013

Comments "A little bit of this and that"

Post a Comment