Cirque French Roast Swatch (Kind Of)

This is a swatch post but I've spent WAY too much time swatching this week (although you haven't yet seen the fruits of my efforts because I still haven't finished!) so instead of yet another plain old swatch I wanted to mix some nail art in to this one.

Feast your eyes on this beauty.... Cirque's French Roast*. It's a glitter polish made up of gold and bronze glitter and a few tiny bronze hexes scattered in. It's in a clear base but I only needed 3 thin coats to get it completely opaque. Isn't it amazing? It's just so rich and luxe, I love it!

If you're in the UK, you can get your Cirque polishes from Sally Magpies. The wonderful lady behind this shop (who is Sally) has made it her mission to stock all the incredible polishes that are hard to find or otherwise completely unavailable in the UK. Go check it out, you might find something you've been lemming after for a while.
US ladies can buy directly from the Cirque website and there is a list of stockists for you here if you hail from elsewhere.




Because of all the glitter, I applied one coat of PVA glue to my nails and let that dry thoroughly before painting on any polish.
I used 3 coats of Cirque French Roast on my thumb and ring fingers with two top coats of Seche Vite for ultimate shininess.
To create the gradients on my middle and pinky fingers, I applied 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann Fashion then painted some of the French Roast on to the edge of a make-up sponge and dabbed it on starting from the tip and working down towards the cuticle. Again, two top coats of Seche Vite.
My pointer finger has one coat of Fashion, one coat of French Roast and a real feather buried underneath a few top coats of Seche Vite. I made a tutorial for how do it here.



TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleCirque / deborah lippmann / glitter / gradient / Sponging / swatch with the title Cirque French Roast Swatch (Kind Of). You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/02/cirque-french-roast-swatch-kind-of.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, February 17, 2013

1 Komentar untuk "Cirque French Roast Swatch (Kind Of)"

  1. Don't you feel ashamed for stealing entire articles from other websites? Seriously

    ReplyDelete