The Nail Collection - Subscription Box

I was recently contacted by Ana from The Nail Collection, asking if I would like to trial their new subscription nail box. I replied to her saying I'd love to, but reminded her that I was in Australia, and didn't think her nail polish subscription services would be available for international customers.  To my amazement, Ana replied that yes, their subscription box was open to some international countries - which is what really set them apart.

Firstly, let me show you what I received in my The Nail Collection box.  It arrived from the USA in just under three weeks, which is pretty standard nail mail time. Upon opening the box there was my package gently wrapped in black tissue paper sealed with a sticker.  Inside was pink crinkle cut filling, a note from Ana and each polish individually wrapped in bubble wrap (bottles were unwrapped for this photo).


The polishes I received were China Glaze Mimosas before Manis, OPI Can't find my Czechbook, Essie First Timer and Essie Under Where?  Naturally I had to do swatches of each of these pretties.

China Glaze - Mimosas before Manis.




Essie - First Timer




Essie - Under Where




OPI - Can't find my Czechbook



Firstly, I was very happy to receive four polishes that I didn't have. Always a bonus with a subscription.  All polishes are from recent collections, so they weren't just old cheap stock either. Plus they are all full size, not minis.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you also have the option to choose your own colours from the available collections for each month - although I can't see that info on their site at the moment.

So the big question is - how much is this subscription box?  The box price is $30USD a month and you will always get four full sized polishes from recent collections from brands such as OPI, Essie, China Glaze and Orly.  There is free postage in the USA, but for Aussies postage is $9.99 (a pretty good price considering the recent increases).

Now if we talk Australian retail prices, then this box is an absolute bargain. OPI = $20, Essie = $18 and China Glaze = $12. Total Australian retail value = $68  Of course none of us pay retail, we generally buy from etailers or ebay who are much cheaper.  But I still don't know that you would be able to get the variety of brands from one etailer, which would mean higher postage costs.

Ana also generously provided me with a discount coupon for my Aussie readers that would like to sign up to The Nail Collection.  If you use the code "ausnails" you will get the first month's box for just $20 instead of the regular $30. So the total cost with shipping is $29.99 for the first month.  You can read more about the service and sign up at The Nail Collection website.

I'd love hear what you guys think about The Nail Collection's subscription service. Do you think this is something you'd be interested in? Do you like the idea of a nail polish subscription service?
You have read this article with the title The Nail Collection - Subscription Box. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-nail-collection-subscription-box.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Comments "The Nail Collection - Subscription Box"

Post a Comment