Barry M Sequin Nail Effects Swatches and Review



Today I've got swatches of the new Barry M Sequin nail paints! Click the jump for the slightly picture-heavy post 




These polishes don't have names, they're just white, black and pink. I wish they had names, I hate it when they don't! The white and pink have red, green, blue, gold and silver hexagonal glitter pieces, and the black has gold pieces.

I had high hopes for these, but I must admit I was a bit dissapointed. The formula is a bit of a pain in the bum. It's very gritty, which I suppose it to create the 3d effect. You know when you're baking and you're mixing sugar with butter? It feels like that! 

I strongly recommend you layer these over a solid colour, because they're quite sheer. If you try to build them up, due to the gritty feeling, the sequins will just clump on your nail. I layered the white over Barry M White, black over Barry M black, and pink over Barry M Dragon Fruit. 

The formula of White was probably the most manageable of the 3. This is 2 coats (and a bit of strategic placement) over Barry M White. It looks like a funfetti cake!



The sequins do lie flat, but I slathered 2 coats of top coat over it and it was still very textured. Even more so than the actual textured polishes! You can see the gritty bits in this macro shot - 

They're just like sugar grains! It does look so pretty on my nails though, I just love the multi-coloured sequins in the white base. 

The formula of Pink is pretty much the same as White. Gritty. Gritty but pretty. This looks similar to Revlon Girly, though not a dupe because the glitter is different colours. This is 2 coats over Barry M Dragon Fruit.





Again, weird formula but still looks quite nice.

Lastly there's Black. This one was very difficult to deal with! The sequins don't show up very well because they got lost under all the gritty bits :( 


You can see in the last picture just how lumpy it is, even with 2 coats of a thick top coat. It sure is a love it or hate it look!

I hate to be negative but I am quite dissapointed. The saving grace is the white one, I do really like it. But still, they're a bit too textured for my tastes. I know they're advertised as creating a "3d effect" though, so that explains why. I'd have much preferred a smooth formula, I have a feeling they'd have been lovely then!

Availability

Sequin Nail Effects will be available from May 8th on Barry M stands throughout the UK. 

Follow Barry M on - Facebook|Twitter|Pinterest

You have read this articleBarry M / Barry M Sequin / glitter / review / swatch with the title Barry M Sequin Nail Effects Swatches and Review. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/05/barry-m-sequin-nail-effects-swatches.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, May 3, 2013

Comments "Barry M Sequin Nail Effects Swatches and Review"

Post a Comment