Banish the Blues: A Very Good Place To Start

You may have noticed that I love blue! It's the most popular tag on my blog with a staggering 187 posts which means about 1 in 5 of my posts contain blue nail polish. There's a whole rainbow out there and I want to take some time to know the rest of it so this week I'm banishing blue from my blog. I'm not allowed to use any blue nail polish for at least 7 days... welcome to 'Banish the Blues'!

There are so many polishes in my collection that don't get used very often at all so I've been making more of an effort to look through the whole thing and match up interesting combinations. I think challenging myself to a blue free week is the perfect way to do so. Maybe I'll even find a new love (but I doubt it!).

Today I'm starting from the very beginning of the rainbow with red and orange. I don't think I'll be going in order for the rest of the week but I figured this would be a good place to start!



I used Sally Hansen Dorian Grey as my base colour and then took a nail art brush to apply some random triangles with Barry M Passion Fruit (coral) and outline them with a thick border of Barry M Mango (orange). Then I used black acrylic paint to separate the two colours. It's all finished off with two coats of No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat.



TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleBanish the Blues / Barry M / Grey / orange / red / sally hansen with the title Banish the Blues: A Very Good Place To Start. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/06/banish-blues-very-good-place-to-start.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, June 23, 2013

Comments "Banish the Blues: A Very Good Place To Start"

Post a Comment