Born Pretty Store Holos - Part 1

A few weeks back the Born Pretty Store releases a collection of 12 holographic polishes.  Shortly after they released them, they had them on special for 50% off, so I decided I would grab the whole collection.  Because 1. They were on sale 2. The colours looked great and 3. One can never have enough holo polishes.

Tonight I will be showing you the first six polishes.  They don't have names, just numbers, so these are number 1-6.  All my photo are taken in the full sun. 

Holo #1 - This is a very sheer silver holo. Actually its more like a holo top coat.  This is three coats of it on it's own, and you can see that it doesn't go anywhere near providing full coverage.




Holo #1 over black - because it was so sheer, I decided to try layering this over black so see how it would work as a holo top coat.  The answer is, perfectly.  This is one coat over black.




Holo #2 - Light pink holo. Three coats




Holo #3 - Medium pink holo. Three coats.




Holo #4 - coral pink holo. Two coats.




Holo #5 - burnt orange holo. The holo effect in this one is more subdued and the finish is less sheer.  This was two coats. This is a totally unique colour in my holo collection.




Holo #6 - a nude holo. this is three coats and its still a little sheer in these full sun photos. In real life it looked opaque.  A lovely nude and a unique nude coloured holo in my collection.




The formula on these was good.  They don't require a special base and top coat doesn't dull them.  The holo flame on them is good, not super strong like Dance Legend but certainly easily visible. These ones were all a little sheer, but holos often need to be sheer for the full effect of the holo to shine through.

Tomorrow I will have the remaining six shades, which I think are the better half.

The regular price for these is $12.88 and the bottles are only minis at 6ml.  So at full price they are quite expensive for the amount of polish you get. However at $6.33 I was happy with what I got.  They are on sale at the moment too, but only 30% off making them $8.99.

Let me know if you want to see any comparisons and if I have them I'll swatch them up.

Again, here is my discount code.


You have read this articleBorn Pretty Store with the title Born Pretty Store Holos - Part 1. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/06/born-pretty-store-holos-part-1.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Saturday, June 22, 2013

Comments "Born Pretty Store Holos - Part 1"

Post a Comment