Digit-al Dozen, Books; Day 3

This is quite a change from the last post!  From blood and gore to sweet and fluffy!


My mani is based upon a book of nursery rhymes that I used to read to my three kids when they were little including the rhyme Mary Had a Little Lamb.  Unfortunately, my kids aren't that little anymore and its been a while since I read from the book so I couldn't locate it readily so I'm using this image from Usborne Books at Home.



Started with a base of two coats of Zoya Shelby (pink) and one of the OPI Liquid Sands, Solitaire; no topcoat.


Stamped using Cheeky Jumbo 9, Wild at Heart and Chez Xmas 001 (accent) using black Konad special polish.


Added a few random dots.


Topped with SV.



In hindsight, once I did the topcoat, I wish I didn't topcoat OPI Solitaire to keep it more grainy-like/rough to mimic the look of the texture of wool, but hindsight is wonderful, and I'll keep it in mind if I ever decide to do a sheep/lamb mani again!  (I'm guessing this mani would be good for Little Bo Peep, too!)


Here's the other ladies Day 3 mani's!




Thanks for looking!




You have read this articleCheeky Jumbo 9 / Chez Xmas 001 / Digit-al Dozen / Fauxnad / Konad / Liquid Sands or similar / OPI / white / zoya with the title Digit-al Dozen, Books; Day 3. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/06/digit-al-dozen-books-day-3.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Comments "Digit-al Dozen, Books; Day 3"

Post a Comment