Tutorial: Colour Block Tips

Finally, I am delving into tutorials. I did do one ages ago but it's rubbish so I'm blanking it from my mind and starting again! Let me know what you think!


Click the jump for the tutorial:



I've decided to start with an easy colour blocking tutorial using Illamasqua polishes.

Here's what you'll need. I've listed places to buy at the bottom of the post.


1. Start by painting on your base colour (I've used Illamasqua Nomad) then apply a coat of your chosen quick-dry top coat, this will prevent the tape from damaging your base colour.

2. Cut some pieces of striping tape. Using your tweezers, place the pieces in the position shown across your nail and smooth down, making sure the tape is flat on your nail .


3. Using your second colour (I've used Illamasqua Stance) paint carefully over your taped off section, making sure not to go over the tape. 



4. Using your tweezers, remove the tape immediately and carefully. Apply another coat of quick drying top coat.


5. Take another piece of tape and tape off the next section. Paint your third colour, again making sure not to go over the tape (I've used Illamasqua Scorn) Don't worry about getting polish on your skin, you can clean that up at the end.


6. Remove the tape immediately. Clean up any polish you may have got on your skin, finish with your choice of top coat and you're done!


Tips

- Pre-cut your pieces of striping tape so you aren't fiddling about with wet nails!
- If you prefer, you can use scotch tape/sellotape instead of striping tape. I just find it easier with striping tape.

Where to buy

Tweezers can be found on eBay or Amazon, just search for "Craft Tweezers".
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri is from Superdrug or Boots
Striping tape is available from Born Pretty Store, don't forget to use code LGL91 for 10% off!

What do you think? Should I stick with this style for future tutorials?

You have read this articleColour Blocking / illamasqua / tutorial with the title Tutorial: Colour Block Tips. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/06/tutorial-colour-block-tips.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, June 3, 2013

Comments "Tutorial: Colour Block Tips"

Post a Comment