4th of July watermarble

Last weekend when I had the meet up with other nail girls and played with water marbling, this was the design I had in my head that I really wanted to create.

Let me tell you, this took me lots of goes, not because the water marbling didn't work but because I found it really hard to get red and white to water marble together without mixing into pink.  I think this was about the 5th combination I tried. 

I tired three different red polishes and found the best results with Essie Red Nouveau. It's a orange toned red rather than a pink toned red and I think that made a huge difference  The other thing that made a huge difference, which @lilyandjinks suggested, was to use a sheer clear polish rather than white.  Every time I used white, the red bled into it. The polish I used was Essie Pillow Talk and it worked a treat.  

On my index finger I used one coat of OPI Eurso Euro - wowsers, that's a nice polish!  I then stamped some stars using a nail image plate I borrowed off Julia aka Messy Mansion stamping plates.

Other than my white gel base, I don't think any part of this mani was created with my polishes or supplies.  Thanks ladies!!




Happy Independence Day to all my American friends.
You have read this articleWatermarble with the title 4th of July watermarble. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/07/4th-of-july-watermarble.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, July 4, 2013

Comments "4th of July watermarble"

Post a Comment