Butterfly wings

Here is a bit of sponged and stamped nail art.  I created the sponged design using three of the Sally Hansen Lustre Shine polishes and China Glaze Want My Bawdy.  Rather than creating a gradient down the nail, I created a four way quadrant sponged design.  I like how this gave the wings a different look compared to a normal gradient.

The stamping plate that I used was the Vivid Lacquer plate VL004, but I believe this image is available on other brand plates too.  I also used my new sticker XL stamper that I got from Messy Mansion.  I'm going to have to a bit of a tutorial on it, because it's totally changed the way I stamp.  I'm finally able to stamp designs on my nail lined up correctly, and its all because of that extra squishy, sticky stamper.






This was such a beautiful mani and I received so many comments about it.  People thought I painted the black wing lines free hand, and they also had no idea how I got the multicoloured background!

I've been really lemming the two Chanel shades Azure and Bel-Argus.  I would have loved to create this butterfly wing mani using polishes from the L'Ete Papillon de Chanel (The Summer Butterfly) collection, but I don't think my budget can stretch to those two polishes and will just have to make do with these Sally Hansens and the China Glaze Bohemians.
You have read this articleNail Art with the title Butterfly wings. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/07/butterfly-wings.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, July 14, 2013

Comments "Butterfly wings"

Post a Comment