Fresh Lookin' Studs

Yesterday you guys provided me with inspiration by the bucket load when I asked on Facebook and Instagram which colours you thought I should use with these new mint studs from Born Pretty. The ideas that popped up time and again were purple, green and brown (to make mint choc chip!). I tried the brown idea because it sounded very appetising but I couldn't make it work so I moved on to option two... something with purple and green.


The studs are the new 2mm coloured ones from Born Pretty Store and it's $3.59 for a pack of 200 studs. There are 11 colours ranging from pastels to bright. It's been a while since I had a good browse of Born Pretty so I've been surprised to see the amazing new items they have on offer. I've already placed two orders with them this week so I've got some square pastel studs on their way too. I can't wait to play with them!


1. For the nail art I used a base coat of Barry M White then topped it off with a coat of No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat.
2. Once that was dry, I placed on two strips of striping tape where I wanted the white to show through.
3. Using the brushes straight from the bottle I very carefully painted on NYC Water Street Blue and Lavender Cupcake between the lines of tape. I removed the tape immediately.
4. I used a nail art brush to dot a tiny bit of clear nail polish on to my nail where I wanted to stick the studs. I picked up the studs using the same brush while it was sticky and pressed the studs down in to the polish to make them really stick (video here).
5. The colour on my other fingers is Sally Hansen Green Tea.
6. I topped it all off with a coat of No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat.



TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleBarry M / blue / green / NYC / purple / sally hansen / striping tape / studs with the title Fresh Lookin' Studs. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/07/fresh-lookin-studs.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Comments "Fresh Lookin' Studs"

Post a Comment