Nautical But Nice

I really love nautical nails. There's something about wearing the scheme of red, blue, white and gold in the summer that just makes you feel very sophisticated; like you're always ready at the drop of a (captain's) hat to hop on to the yacht and sail around Europe!

I spotted these water decals at Born Pretty Store and fell in love immediately! The pack is $2.86 (approx £1.90) and you get a selection of 20 decals in compass and anchor designs. I'm beyond impressed with these. As you can see, they're the kind that are really thin so as long as you apply them carefully and give them a good smooth over, you can't even tell they're decals. Although this does mean they're very delicate so you have to be light handed when applying them!



1. My base colours are Barry M White and NYC Raindrop on my index finger.
2. I applied the nautical themed water decals using a pair of tweezers.
3. Using striping tape, I marked off some stripes on the other fingers and used a nail art brush to fill in the gaps with Barry M Gold Foil, Essie Mezmerised and Rimmel Heart on Fire.
4. I finished it all off with two coats of No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat.




TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleBarry M / blue / nautical / NYC / red / Rimmel / striping tape / water decals / white with the title Nautical But Nice. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/07/nautical-but-nice.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Comments "Nautical But Nice"

Post a Comment