Nonoo Resort 2014 Inspired Nail Art

Yesterday I was checking out the finalists for 2013's CDFA/Vogue Fashion Fund at Glamour.com and when I saw the lookbook image from Nonoo's Resort 2014 collection, my heart skipped a beat. As we all know, I have a weakness for stripes, gradients and anything blue so within seconds I'd decided that it was going on my nails!

Image source: Nonoo.com


I'm going to try a new way of writing out the steps I took today. I'm hoping a broken down step-by-step is going to be easier to follow than the regular massive paragraph of description!

1. I used a base of Barry M White and a coat of No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat to make it dry a bit quicker.
2. Using a pair of tweezers, I placed striping tape across all of my nails nail where I wanted the white to peek through.
3. For the gradient, I used Barry M Grape, Sally Hansen Thinking of Blue, Sally Hansen Pacific Blue and Essie Bikini So Teeny in that order from cuticle to tip.
Instead of using my normal gradient technique, I painted the colours straight on to the sponge. I then dabbed it on to a sheet of plastic to blend the colours slightly before sponging it on to my nail, one nail at a time.
4. Straight after sponging on the gradient, I peeled the tape off my nail and moved on to the next.
5. Once it was all dry, I added two coats of No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat to smooth everything over.



TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleBarry M / blue / Essie / gradient / sally hansen / striping tape with the title Nonoo Resort 2014 Inspired Nail Art. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/07/nonoo-resort-2014-inspired-nail-art.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, July 12, 2013

Comments "Nonoo Resort 2014 Inspired Nail Art"

Post a Comment