piCture pOlish Blog Fest 2013

Welcome to another year of Picture Polish's Blog Fest - this year we are celebrating the Year of the Blogger!

This years blog fest is a bit different from the past two (can you believe this is the third blog fest already!) Rather than releasing new shades this year, Blog Fest 2013 is all about nail art.  We were all challenged to create new nail art looks using three Picture Polish shades.  

When selecting shades, I chose the three new collaboration shades - as they were the only Picture Polish colours that I didn't yet own.  It was only after reading through the Blog Fest instructions again that I realised what a challenge I had set myself. 

If I'd have thought about it a little more, I would have chosen to use three shades that compliment each other better, you see, the instructions said to only use the three Picture Polish shades provided to you. Wowser, I had chosen three very different polishes and finishes and it was going to be a real challenge to make these three polishes look good together in a single mani. 

Frosting is a pink creme with glitters, Whimsy is a blue creme with gold shimmer and Sea Jewel is green with silver glitter.  I really didn't know how I was going to pull a design together. But everyone loves a challenge right!

I've been a little creative in my use of all three polishes, but I certainly did use all three (and only those three polishes in creating this look)

I created a skittlette mani.  I started with a base of whimsy.  Then on my index and middle fingers I did a gradient using sea jewel.  On my ring and pinky fingers I did lines of different widths using sea jewel.  To pull all the polishes together into one design, I carefully picked out some of the holographic silver hearts that are in frosting.  I cleaned the hearts up using acetone and them placed them onto my nails using top coat.

I love Picture Polish's Blog Fest, there are going to be so many amazing manis popping up all over the world over the next 24ish hours.


Picture Polish will also have all blogfest pictures up on their Pinterest page.

Picture Polish are available directly from their website or through any of their Network members.You can also follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
You have read this articlepicture polish with the title piCture pOlish Blog Fest 2013. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/07/picture-polish-blog-fest-2013_860.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, July 29, 2013

Comments "piCture pOlish Blog Fest 2013"

Post a Comment