Stripes and a Feather from Brit Nails

Allie from Brit Nails is bringing you today's nail art. Allie has some of the most beautifully manicured nail beds I've ever seen and I just can't get enough of her amazing photos. As an appreciator of minimalist design, I jump for joy when one of Allie's nail art posts shows up on my dash. If you're one for amazingly detailed swatches and understated nail art, make sure you go and follow Allie's blog!

Where to find Brit Nails
BlogFacebook - Twitter - Instagram
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I'm really happy to be doing a guest post on The Nailasaurus as it's one of the blogs that has inspired me from the start, so it's quite exciting! I knew I wanted to do something using shades of blue, so I just sat at my desk and this is what I came up with.


I started with a base of Illamasqua Caress. I added a stripe of Illamasqua Cameo over half of my nail, and then a stripe of Barry M Turquoise down the middle. I used a small striping brush to paint the dividing lines on, using Barry M Cyan Blue and piCture pOlish Ocean


I didn't want to do a whole manicure of stripes, so I decided to bust open my packet of craft feathers! I started with a base of Barry M Cyan Blue. I added some top coat and then stuck the feather down and trimmed the edges to fit using a cuticle trimmer. There is a great tutorial for using feathers right here on The Nailasaurus! 



Thank you Sammy for asking me to do a post! I hope everyone likes it! - Allie x
You have read this articleBarry M / blue / Feather / guest post / illamasqua / picture polish / striping tape with the title Stripes and a Feather from Brit Nails. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/07/stripes-and-feather-from-brit-nails.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Comments "Stripes and a Feather from Brit Nails"

Post a Comment