H&M Spring 2011 vs Chanel Swatches and Comparison

I thought I'd give you all a break from all the holo reviews lately, you might not all enjoy them as much as I do, so this post is a total change of subject ;-)

The more I try H&M nail polishes, the more I like them!
They've been doing nice and trendy colors lately and their formula doesn't disappoint.
I already reviewed Peppermint Fusion and Going Bananas and today I have 2 new ones to show you : Hunt Me Down and Temptress.


Hunt me Down is an amazing creme cool toned military green, it's almost a one coater and application was dreamy. I also found it very complimenting on me but I can definitely see it working for a great variety of skin tones.

H&M Hunt Me Down
H&M Hunt Me Down
with topcoat

Of course, I had to show you how it compares to Chanel Khaki Vert!
I found that they were very close, Hunt Me Down being a tad cooler, dustier and Khaki Vert warmer, brighter. As much as I looove Khaki Vert, I couldn't say that I prefer it over Hunt Me Down, that is to say how much I find it amazing.

H&M Hunt Me Down vs Chanel Khaki Vert
H&M Hunt Me Down on index and ring finger
Chanel Khaki Vert on middle finger

Temptress is a very nice warm vivid lavender shimmer with fine silver particles. It seems like those shimmery pastel purples are "in" right now... 
No exception here, application was flawless, in two easy coats. The only issue was trying to get the pictures color accurate, you know purples, right? So please try and imagine them just a bit warmer.

H&M Temptress
H&M Temptress

Again, this nail polish reminded me of another Chanel from my collection, Lilac Sky, but also of Nars Pokerface, both warm shimmery lavenders. Somehow Temptress falls somewhere between those two but the amount of silver shimmer is significantly more important in them.
If I had to pick just one, it would definitely be Temptress, the color tone is perfect for me and the fine shimmer adds shine and depth without leaving brushstokes, even in direct lighting.


From left to right :
H&M Temptress, Chanel Lilac Sky, Nars Pokerface
From top to bottom :
Chanel Lilac Sky
H&M Temptress
Nars Pokerface


Well, I don't know about you but I normally wouldn't expect such nice colors and formula from non "nail polish brands" so I'm really happy that H&M keeps expanding its horizons in the matter, especially if it's to come up with expensive brands alternatives (Ru$h, if you're reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it!!!).
You have read this articleChanel / creme / green / HM / nars / purple / shimmer with the title H&M Spring 2011 vs Chanel Swatches and Comparison. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/03/h-spring-2011-vs-chanel-swatches-and.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Comments "H&M Spring 2011 vs Chanel Swatches and Comparison"

Post a Comment