Sheer luck : MAC Baby Goth Girl

I don't really like posting about discontinued nail polishes or LEs (Limited Editions) and HTFs (Hard To Finds) because I don't get the point of featuring something your readers will lurve if they can't get their hands on it...
I did it once with Chanel Holographic but I made a quick comp with one of its dupes so there was a point to the post LOL.
Anyway, today I"m showing you MAC Baby Goth Girl from the Fall 2009 Style Black collection and there's a story behind it.

I actually found it during one of my drawer searches, I probably shouldn't share my secret though... It's too late now I guess ;-)
You're probably already familiar with "dusty hunting", basically it's going to small independant beauty retailers and nail salons and looking through their stock in order to find long gone HTFs.
Well, drawer searching, as I call it, is a bit like that, only at Sephora, Nordstrom, Mac counters,... I speak from experience when I say that they always have something in their drawers that they don't have displayed as a tester; and yes, I'm that girl who asks if she can see the nail polish drawer even if it annoys the heck out of the SAs. "We don't have anything more than the testers here!" The thing is I always prove them wrong...
I've found tons of beauties this way, recently, Lancome Le Rouge L’Wren Scott, then I was this close to buying Le Gris L'Wren Scott on eBay for $25 when I stumbled upon what could be the world's biggest Gris L'Wren  hidden stash (around 30!!! In one drawer!!!), I even had a 20% off coupon, a happy day...
A few days ago, at a MAC counter I found a few uninteresting LEs, cremes mostly, and one Baby Goth Girl, I couldn't believe my eyes...

MAC Baby Goth Girl is a blackened base with tons of purple shimmer, leaning to plum, and orange flakies. It's a vampy for sure and I had no issue whatsoever with application, 2 nice and easy coats to achieve all this dark shimmer awesomeness.
The picture below are with both base and topcoat.

MAC Baby Goth Girl
MAC Baby Goth Girl

MAC Baby Goth Girl

MAC Baby Goth Girl

Overall :
Definitely an awesome find... Now, if only I could find Seriously Hip...

I'd love to hear about your dusty huntings and drawer searches!
You have read this articleflakies / MAC / purple / shimmer / vampy with the title Sheer luck : MAC Baby Goth Girl. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/04/sheer-luck-mac-baby-goth-girl.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, April 21, 2011

Comments "Sheer luck : MAC Baby Goth Girl"

Post a Comment