setting things right

Yesterday I received my first "hateful" comment... It got me thinking and I knew I had to share it with you all. I was anonymously accused of taking credit for another nail boarder's work and of using a franken recipe that wasn't mine without saying so in my Aurora post. In the blogosphere, basically it's just calling me a thief!
You can both read the post and comment here.



If you're familiar with MUA's nail board, you probably know that there's been an OPI My Private Jet franken recipe passed along recently, it's a black holo franken and the recipe is :
half OPI DS (original, sapphire,...)
and half Wet'n'Wild Black which is a one coater black.

My Aurora recipe is :
1/2 of OPI DS Sapphire
1/4 of a jelly black (or a 2 coater), I used OPI Black Onyx
a few drops of solid grey and purple but one at a time
I used 4 drops of Gosh Miss Grey and 3 drops of American Apparel African Violet

I don't think these are the same at all, just like I don't think that a dusty purple nail polish is similar to a black one, or else Essie Smoking Hot and Illamasqua Boosh would be dupes... I might be color blind after all...


Anyway, most of all, I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that I decided to feature Franken Fridays posts, I'll simply call them #FF.
They'll be quick posts, without much blah-blah, just lots of pics and sometimes recipes but not always. And in case you're wondering, I'm not pretending I invented the Franken Friday concept, LOL.


Has it ever happened to you, the wrongful accusation, the mean comment or the depreciation of your work?


*photo credit : Alice Kim*
You have read this articleblah blah with the title setting things right. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/05/setting-things-right.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Comments "setting things right"

Post a Comment