China Glaze Hauting Collection, Halloween 2011, Swatches and Review

I don't know about you but whenever Fall collections start to pop up on the shelves, I always feel a little thrill. First because I love those dusty, murky, rich or vampy colors but also because it means that Halloween collections will soon be released, shortly followed by Holiday and Winter collections... In other words, those few months are definitely my favorite nail polish related period of the year.

Well today, I have the Halloween collection that I was the most excited about for review, China Glaze Haunting!




Crimson is the darkest grape/plum jelly. It looks near black almost all of the time but I love it anyway. Formula was a bit thick on this but not unmanageable, this is just one, rather thick, coat.






Near Dark is a dark murky, yellow based green jelly. I can never have enough of green jellies and this is no exception, especially considering the yellow base, it really sets it apart from other drak greens like Nars Zulu for example. Two coats on the pictures.




Haunting is a beautiful black packed with round silver glitter. What makes this polish outstanding compared to its look-alikes is the amazing formula, I was really awed by the first coat that gave me a nice and almost complete coverage, I say almost because I did need 2 coats, but still wow!






It's Alive is this year's Halloween green glitter and let me tell you that I love it soooo much! Another yellow based green packed with round and hex glitter. It was a bit thicker than Haunting but very easy to apply. This is two coats of It's Alive with two coats of topcoat.





Goulish Glow is probably the polish I was the most curious about. Does it really glow in the dark? Well... It does, like crazy... but in the bottle... On the nail, it's more faint, 2 coats will give you a nice effect but it doesn't last very long. It's not a total let down either, I think I would recommend it anyway. This is 2 coats over Near Dark.






Overall:
I really like this collection and I'm happy that China Glaze released glitters again this year. I also don't think that you could pass on Near Dark if you love greens. Now I can't wait for the Holiday collection!

So, what do you think? Did you pick any of these? Are you happy with China Glaze Halloween collection compared to the other brands'?


China Glaze is free of DBP,toluene, and added formaldehyde.

China Glaze nail lacquersare available through salons and professional beauty supply stores nationwide.For more information, visit: http://www.chinaglaze.com/ or follow China Glaze onTwitter: http://twitter.com/ChinaGlaze


*these products were purchased by me*
You have read this articleblack / china glaze / glitter / glow in the dark / green / jelly / purple / review with the title China Glaze Hauting Collection, Halloween 2011, Swatches and Review. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2011/09/china-glaze-hauting-collection.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Saturday, September 3, 2011

Comments "China Glaze Hauting Collection, Halloween 2011, Swatches and Review"

Post a Comment